Treating Customers Fairly
Inchcape Fleet Solutions Limited, trading as LeaseMyCar, is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that sets us apart from other leasing companies. We recognise that you always have a choice, and therefore we need to deliver an outstanding customer experience based upon an understanding of what our customers want.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) laid down principles that regulated organisations should adhere to when dealing with customers. There are six key elements, referred to by the FCA as “outcomes”, govern how we deal with our customers, the level of service that is to be expected and the products and services we provide. They are:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
We strive to ensure that you have a high quality and positive experience when dealing with us so we seek to meet the FCA’s Outcomes in the following ways:
Keeping you up to date: We will keep you informed in a way which is easy to understand, unambiguous and not misleading;
Product Information: Although we are experts in personal contract hire products, we will explain the range of financial products you could choose when you decide to investigate leasing or purchasing a new car;
Continuous Improvement: We will continuously look at our policies and procedures to ensure that we continually improve and offer you the best experience;
Transparency: We will ensure that we deliver our services transparently and clearly and we will not hide conditions or use complex technical language in our documentation;
Privacy: We take our privacy obligations seriously and we train our staff to ensure they are aware of and follow rules that govern data protection and confidentiality. Our Privacy Notice will provide you with more information about this;
Listening: We will listen to your feedback, positive and negative, and if our standards have fallen short we will work with you to resolve your complaint promptly and fairly. Our Complaints Policy will provide you with more details of how we do this.